In the difficult and uncertain times we’re currently facing, it’s easy to become overwhelmed with negative thoughts and feelings but where there is hardship there is hope and across Mourne and the surrounding areas, close knit communities have been rallying together to support each other and their loved ones, during the coronavirus pandemic in a number of amazing ways.
We wanted to highlight businesses in the Mourne area that have gone out their way to ensure they can continue to help their local community and their valued customers during worrying times. After all, we’re all in this together and these businesses are going to help us get through!
Food / General
Tel: 028 417 5309
- Dedicated daily opening hours for the vulnerable (8am-9pm)
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun –8am – 8pm. (*8-9am elderly & vulnerable only)
- New queuing system has been put in place to protect both staff and customers.
- Please be patient while you wait your turn to do your shopping
- Home delivery online at www.asda.com or downloading the ASDA app
Oh So Lean, Kilkeel
- Oh so lean are still functioning as normal
- Still offering our secure chilled home delivery service.
- Chilled ice boxes which means the parcels can be left direct on your door step
- Check out the full range online at www.ohsolean.co.uk
Dunnaman Food Store, Kilkeel
- Tel: 028 417 62682
- Home deliveries available.
- For delivery the same day, please place your order before 1pm.
- Check out their Facebook page for the latest info: @topofthescroggshop
Tel: 028 437 68443
The shop is open for custom, with a change to opening hours.
- Now 0pen Mon-Sun 7am-8pm.
- FREE home deliveries for the vulnerable & elderly in Annalong Village
- If possible, please email you order to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or phone the shop between 9am-11am on 028 437 68443.
- Home deliveries will be made between Mon – Fri. 11am-1pm
- Payment by credit card can be made over the phone
Rafferty’s Mace, Kilkeel
Tel: 028 417 63297
- Home deliveries available
- Opening hrs 8:30 -10pm
Tam O’ Shanter, Kilkeel
Tel: 028 4176 9933
- Carvery takeaway dinners available every Sunday
- Available for home delivery only
- Place your order before 11am on Sunday
- Payment by card over the phone preferable
- Check out their Facebook page for more information
Todays Local, Annalong
Tel: 028 437 68613
- The shop is open for custom with new opening hours (Mon-Sat 8-4.30pm)
- FREE deliveries available to customers in Annalong
- Home delivery orders can be placed between 7.30am – 8pm.
- More information on their Facebook page @todayslocalannalong
Fresh fruit & Vegetables
Whyn Croft Country Produce, Kilkeel
Text: 078 517 41783
- Home delivery available twice a week
- All fresh fruit , vegetables and home produce boxes
- Check out their Facebook page for more details.
- Enquiries are carried out by texting 078 517 41783.
- No Facebook or Instagram messages please.
Hales Fruit & Veg, Newcastle
Tel: 028 437 23941
- FREE home delivery to the vulnerable
- A wide variety of fresh fruit and veg boxes
- Check out their Facebook page for more details @halefruitsales
AJ Fresh Foods, Annalong
Tel: 07746 304 146
- Create your own vegetable box and have it delivered to your door
- FREE Home delivery for orders over £15
- Cashless transactions are preferred via PayPal or Bank Transfer
- Call 07746304146 or drop us a message on FB to order
- Full product menu and price lists on Facebook @ajfreshfoods
Fresh Meat Produce
Nicholson’s Family Butchers, Kilkeel
Tel: 07706 852220
- Wide range of quality meat and local produce on offer
- Shop still open: Mon – Sat 8am-4pm
- Customers can call in or pre-order and pick up from the shop
- They will be providing a local delivery service between 5-6pm for those in need.
- Last orders before 4:30pm
Cunningham’s Butchers & Food Hall , Kilkeel
Tel: 028 417 62385
- Food Hall and deli counter remain open
- Fresh fruit, veg, meat produce and ready meals all available.
- Takeaway Bistro Menu – Now operating on Friday’s and Saturday’s
- Friday & Saturday night Takeaway Specials including oriental and Asian dishes
- A reminder to customers that all vouchers can be used in the Main Butchery
Sea Source, Kilkeel
Tel: 02841763444 or 07710090260
- 20% off for all NHS workers (*on provision of HealthCare ID)
- Opening Hrs Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 2:30pm // Friday & Saturday 8am – 2pm
- Dedicated daily opening hours for the Vulnerable (8am-9pm)
- Free home delivery in the local area
- Orders placed before 12 noon will be delivered that afternoon
Mourne Fishbox, Kilkeel
Tel: 028 417 64919 or 07734790458
- You can order by calling 028 417 64919
- Home delivery available as standard
- Chilled fish boxes will be left on your doorstep or in your designated safe place.
- Check out the full menu at: www.mournefishbox.com
- Keep up to date with the latest news and recipes on Facebook @mournefishbox
Floresco Flowers, Kilkeel
Tel: 028 417 64873
- Fancy a fresh bouquet of flowers to brighten up your day or someone else’s?
- Floresco are offering home delivery.
- Ring 028 417 64873 for more details and to place your order.
Kilkeel Garden Centre & SuperPet
- The Pet Shop and garden centre remain open
- Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 9-5. Sat-Sun: Closed
- Customers are kindly asked to remain in their cars and the staff will serve you
- Collection services will be available, please ring 07985267661 to pre order
- Payments can be made over the phone
- Home delivery is currently being arranged
- Please see their Facebook page for the latest updates and information.
Gifts & Homeware
MADE in Mourne
Tel: 07526 731304
- Shop is closed to customers but purchasing can be done online
- Visit www.madeinmourne.com
- Free Delivery within a 5mile radius of the shop
- Payments can be made online using all major debit/credit cards & PayPal
Health & Fitness
Pursuit Fitness, Kilkeel
Tel: 07565 282719
- Gym is closed but offering fitness plans as motivation to stay fit and active
- 4-week fitness plans for £10 donation to Marie Curie Nurses.
- Visit their Facebook page @PursuitFitnessNI to avail of the offer
Extra Info: Marie Curie – Northern Ireland nurses are under a lot of pressure due to a lot of resources having been diverted to treat the Coronavirus. As a result, Pursuit Fitness has decided to create a 4 week online training programme, available to buy from tomorrow for donations to Marie Curie.
Tel: 028 4125 8150 or 07593007317.
- KDA initiative “A befriending service”
- Keeping Mourne connected telephone service
- Provide and offer support and guidance to those who need it
- Telephone calls, will replace face-to-face visits during Covid-19 isolation
- For more information please contact us on: 028 4125 8150 or 07593007317. Email: hello@Mournematters.org or Kate@mournematters.org
- If you know of someone that could avail of this service or wish to volunteer please get in touch today:
Haugh Dental Care
Tel: 028 4176 4210
- Emergency service available to everyone in the community 24/7
- Please call with your emergency as the front door will be kept shut in accordance with COVID 19 protocol so if can you call us when you arrive we will come and open the door.
Harbour Dental Practice
Tel: 028 417 64846
- Now closed to the public
- Only emergency dental care between 10-1pm, strictly appointment only.
- Please ring the doorbell on arrival.
Extra info: Emergency out of hours: Craigavon Hospital. Only to be contacted if you have severe swelling, bleeding or trauma. Telephone: 028 3756 1753. The Out of hours Emergency Dental Service is available at the Emergency Department, Craigavon Area Hospital, 68 Lurgan Road, Portadown, BT63 5QQ. From 7-9pm each evening and 10-12noon on Saturdays and Sundays
Chemists in Kilkeel
- Gordons Newcastle Street (Beside Asda) will be closed from 1pm-2pm.
- The Medical Hall will be closed from 2pm-3pm.
- ALL shops will be open from 10am on Saturday (Instead of the usual 9am)
Kilkeel Post Office
Tel: 028 4176 4257
- Will remain open but have temporary new opening hours.
- Mon – Fri 8.30am -5.15pm | Sat 9am-12.30pm | Sun Closed
Due to the current situation we are using this early closing to make sure that our office is cleaned to high standards using the proper disinfectants and solutions so that business can continue in a hygienic manner
James Perry & Sons
Tel; 028 4176 2310
- As an essential service, James Perry & Sons will continue making home delivery
- Priority will be given to those who are vulnerable
Breakdown Recovery Assistance: (NHS / Medical Staff)
- David Walsh Newcastle, offering free breakdown and recovery assistance for all NHS staff and Care Assistants. Call 07516590999 or 07864018013
Mourne Veterinary Clinic
Tel: 028 4176 2537
- Still open but new operating rules are in place
- The clinic ask that you do not come into the building unless in an emergency.
- Routine appointments will no longer be offered in person
- Contact directly to discuss options.
- On arrival to the clinic, please call to say you are outside.
- FREE home delivery on all pet food if you are unable to pick it up
Drinks & Beverages
Kilkeel Wine Market, Kilkeel
Tel: 028 417 62400
- Home delivery option now available
- Free home delivery to Kilkeel town (within 30mph speed limit)
- £20 minimum spend
- Home delivery areas covered and costs: Dunaval, Dougans Road, Ballymartin – £3 | Greencastle, Attical, Annalong £5. ** £20 minimum spend for delivery.
Financial services and Banks
AMC Business Services, Kilkeel
- AMC Business Services is offering guidance and support to SME’s and self-employed/freelance workers during Covid-19.
- You can book a FREE consultation by emailing Debbie Lynch at email@example.com.
AIB, Kilkeel (Previously First Trust Bank)
- Revised opening hours from 2nd April Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm
- Priority Banking Hours for the older and vulnerable customers from opening until 11am
- Closed for lunch 12:30 – 1:30
- Check our their website for other support throughout Covid-19 available www.aibni.co.uk/covid19
Cornerstone Food Bank “Called to Care, Called to Share”
Tel: 07856 888701
- Operating from the premises behind Christ church, 24 Newry Street, Kilkeel.
- Opening hours, Tuesday 12- 2pm and Thursday 6pm – 7.30pm.
- Helpline: 07856 888701 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Extra Info: The Food bank continues to open at normal times, social distancing must be exercised at all times. Please note that a food bank voucher is needed and can be obtained from the following referral agencies – SVP Sure Start, Home Start, Citizens Advice or Local Churches, and Local GP’s.
If anyone wants to donate any food there will be a trolley at Christ Church Hall entrance during food bank opening hours, there is also a trolley in Asda.
We hope you’ve found our blog helpful! If there are other businesses in the Mourne area going out of their way to help the community, we’d love to hear about them. Get in touch and drop us an email at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to add them to the list. Please remember that things are changing very quickly, the information is up to date as of 28th March 2019. We will continue to update.
In the meantime, take care and stay safe.
The MADE in Mourne Team