“A LITTLE SPEND, A BIG EFFECT!”
The past 18 months have been a turbulent time with lockdown effecting local businesses in particular. Thankfully, with the roll out of High Street gift vouchers we now have the opportunity to put “a little back” into our High Street by spending locally. So, with this in mind, have you thought about how you’ll spend yours? Enjoy a family get together perhaps whilst sampling some local cuisine? Surprise someone with an unexpected gift or splash out on a gift for yourself. Mourne is home to a multitude of quality, family run businesses and we have picked out just a few to help make up your mind.
- THE KILMOREY ARMS HOTEL – The Kilmorey Arms Hotel has been a firm favourite for dining and entertainment for generations. The building, originally built in 1843 has hosted many famous faces over the years and is renowned for its charisma and charm. Treat yourself to a midmorning brunch, evening meal, sample the famous Sunday Carvery or enjoy an overnight stay in the recently refurbished rooms.
- OH SO LEAN – Based in Kilkeel, the guys Oh So Lean produce the finest, hand crafted, nutritious, lean meat. The Award-winning Company pride themselves in preparing premium meat tailored to your family’s needs. Choose from multiple meat bundles or maybe even get Christmas day all wrapped up with the Christmas club option. Avail of an extra 10% when you spend your voucher with Oh So Lean. All this and more delivered straight to your door.
- SPOT ON TOYMASTER – This family-owned toy shop has been serving the folk of Mourne for over 45 years. The Bridge Street shop (neighbour to our new shop Made in Mourne Original Art & fine Jewellery) has a wonderful selection of toys , games and sports accessories. A treasure trove for boys, girls and even big kids alike. New Christmas catalogue now out! Secure your items with the Christmas Club or bag a special Christmas box for someone.
- JAMES KNOX & SONS – “Knoxs” as we know it has been serving the community of Kilkeel and Mourne since 1954. The independent, family business stocks a vast array of top name brands in the gift shop, nursery and furniture department. The shop is renowned for its magical Christmas window and there Christmas department is now open! With the bedding Store and Builders yard close by its no wonder it’s a one stop shopping experience. Spend your voucher here and enjoy an extra 10% off your purchase.
- MADE IN MOURNE – This unique social enterprise showcases the work of talented creatives in the Mourne area. The gift shop, supports over 80 makers and has many locally inspired items ranging from candles to canvases, pebble art, prints and artisan foods. Enjoy Barista coffee in the Business Hub or pop over to MIM on Bridge Street where you’ll find the perfect piece of jewellery or original artwork to spend your £100 on, along with a £10 voucher for your support at Made In Mourne.
- HOLMES POUNDWORLD – You’ll be spoiled for choice with Holmes Poundworld. This high street store is filled withstock for all occasions. Everything for every day, including homeware, gift wear greeting cards, grocery, fresh scones and locally produced foods. Holmes School Uniform shop is accessible all year and in-store for your schooling needs. With the Christmas stock appearing on the shelves your high street voucher could disappear quicker than you think.
- MOURNE FLOORING – This family run carpet and flooring store has a huge range of quality carpets, flooring, doors and homeware. The business is ideally located near Kilkeel Centre and has been supplying and fitting floors for over twenty years. If you are looking for a reason to get on top of a D.I.Y project of fancy a fresh new floor then look no further. The team at Mourne Flooring are giving an extra 15% off your purchase when you spend your £100 High Street voucher in-store.
- HAUGH DENTAL CARE – Specialising in Family and cosmetic dentistry, Haugh Dental Care have been providing “service with a smile” since 1985. The Bridge Street Surgery has been a central part of the community with a long-standing reputation for top class treatment and care. Avail of the latest dentistry techniques, smile makeovers and facial aesthetics with the highly trained team and keep those pearly whites in perfect condition . Vouchers can be purchased with your High Street card before November 30th and used at a later time and date which suits you.
- HOLLY BOUTIQUE – It’s been a while since we’ve had a chance to dress up but with the festive season approaching “going out” is the new staying in! Holly Boutique supply a wide range of women’s clothes, shoes and accessories from a range of well-known brands. Whether its sporty, smart, casual, or glitter and glam you be spoilt for choice….and Claire will give a further 10% discount when using the voucher in-store, so you can treat yourself with something else!
- ESSENCE OF BEAUTY KILKEEL – With over 20 years in the Beauty business, Martina has a wealth of knowledge and definite passion for pampering. Melt away any tension with a warming massage and feel fab with a rejuvenating facial. Avail of the latest advice and keep on top of your skin care regime with luxurious, trusted, skincare products. With so many sumptuous treatments available it may be too hard to choose.
So with all that in mind, where you’ll spend yours? Happy shopping everyone, Wendy PLEASE NOTE- ALL VOUCHERS MUST BE SPENT BEFORE NOVEMBER 30TH 2021.